Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 16

Thema: Looking for help to my thesis...

Neuer Benutzer Avatar von Annais
    Pharmazeutin seit 2007

Looking for help to my thesis...

Hello everybody :shy:
    I write in English cause my knowledge od German is very poor
    I'm pharmacist from Poland and need some help in my thesis. I write about pharmaceutical care in some European countries and one of these countries is Germany. I've found not too much informations about it, so I would be grateful if you helped me.
    I have some questions, but I don't know if there is anybody who would answer?
    Please... :blush:

hausmeister Avatar von wundi
    This is just a quick translation of your post for non english speaking persons:

Zitat Zitat von Annais Beitrag anzeigen
    Hallo zusammen :shy:
    Ich schreibe auf Englisch, weil meine Deutschkenntnisse eher bescheiden sind.
    Ich bin Apothekerin aus Polen und benötige Hilfe für meine Dissertation. Ich schreibe über pharmazeutische Betreuung in einigen europäischen Ländern und eines davon ist Deutschland. Ich habe nicht sehr viele Informationen gefunden und wäre daher dankbar, wenn ihr mir helfen könnt.
    Ich habe einige Fragen, aber bin mir sicher ob sie hier jemand beantwort.
    Bitte... :blush:
    Hello
    typically most people create an onlie survey for their thesis and just provide the link.
    But of course you can ask your pharmaceutical care related questions here in this thread too. We attempt to answer them (or show you appropriate institustions on special questions).

And again, the translation of my answer:

Zitat Zitat von wundi Beitrag anzeigen
    Hallo,
    üblicherweise erstellen die meisten Leute eine Onlineumfrage für ihre Dissertation und geben nur den Link.
    Aber natürlich kannst du deine Fragen zur pharmazeutische Betreuung auch in diesem Thema stellen. Wir versuchen sie zu beantworten (bzw. verweisen dich dich bei speziellen Fragen an geeignete Einrichtungen).

Pharmazeutin seit 2007
    Thank you very much for a quick answer!!! (and for translation :blush: )
    In the publications I've found, Germany is said to have very highly developed pharmaceutical care. But it was difficult to find what activities pharmaceutical care consists of - so can you tell me what pharmaceutical care means in German pharmacies? How you, as a pharmacist, give your patient a pharmaceutical care? And another question - is the pharmaceutical care considered as a part of health service, like nursing care or other services, which are reimbursed? Does pharmacist get some reimbursement for pharmaceutical care?
    I have more questions, but I think that's enough at this moment
    Of course you can give me some links to articles, publications or other stuff which could be helpful for me
    Thanks,
    An.

Pharmazeutin seit 2007
    Nobody would answer?

Foren-Guru Avatar von Christin
    Apothekerin seit 2013
    Pharmaceutical care is really different in hospitals and in public pharmacies. Do you need information for both professions oder just some things about the public pharmacies?

And first of all: typically pharmaceutical care ist not directly reimbursed.
    You shoot me down, but I don't fall - I'm Titanium!

Pharmazeutin seit 2007
    Hi! I'm interested only in community (public) pharmacies. So please, give me some informations, answer my previous questions... :angel:
    You said, that it's not reimbursed - could you write more about it? Because I've read somewhere, that there are 3 sides which pay for this care - a patient, a state budget and an insurance fund.
    I have more questions and I can't find answer to them I'm sure that you have big knowledge about this all I hope you could help me. So PLEASE, answer me...

Pharmazeutin seit 2007
    up up, is there anybody?

Apothekerin seit 2013
    Sorry, but this is a very complex topic. I can not explain this system by writing - it would be become a book:-)

First of all: What's your definition of "pharmaceutical care"? When a patient comes to our pharmacies, e.g. an athma patient, he needs a presciption. With this prescription the pharmacist can dispense e.g. the inhaler. The pharmacist has to check interactions, has to explain the application of the inhaler and has to give advice to the patient. These are examples for things the pharmacist has to do and these things are reimbursed. For prescriptions the pharmacist gets 8,10€ per presciption + 3% of the cost price of the medication but from this he has to pay (at the moment) 2,10€ back to the health assurance from the patient. So if the inhaler has a cost price of 50€ the pharmacists gets 7,50€.

We define pharmaceutical care as a special care for "special" patient groups, especially chronic diseases. We see the therapy through, e.g. for our asthma patient we provide special asthma courses, training with the inhaler, we check the asthma control, we explain how to write an "athma-diary" and check this diaries and so on. But this is just service, it is not reimbursed.

So you see - pharmaceutical care is maybe high developed, but not reimbursed - in a community pharmacy!

If you have clear questions, you can ask more, but it is not possible to explain our whole health system by writing^^

Pharmazeutin seit 2007

Hello Christin, thank you very much for answers! They're really helpful

First of all I will explain, how Polish pharmaceutical law defines pharmaceutical care. It's a documented process, when a pharmacist cooperates with a patient and a doctor (and sometimes other health professions) and is responsible for proper process of pharmacotherapy and the aim is to improve quality of patient's life. This is a definition, but in real, we still don't have pharmaceutical care in practice. Of course we care for proper dispensing of medicines and we give advices to our patients, but it's considered as a part of our work, our duties. Pharmacy doesn't get reimbursement for this care, it gets reimbursement only for medicines (every drug has it's price, but not every drug is reimbursed, our Ministry of Health gives a list of reimbursed drugs).
    I see that in Germany this care which you wrote about is reimbursed, but is there any list of pramacist's duties, which he has to do in pharmaceutical care? Or we can generally say, that reimbursed pharmaceutical care is caring for proper pharmacotherapy and giving advices? Are there any rules how it is reimbursed? If yes, who pays for this? Or maybe the cost of pharmaceutical care is the part of these 8,10 euros which patient pays for a prescription?
    You also wrote about money, which pharmacy gets for medicines, but would you tell me who gives this money (these 8,10 euro + 3%)? A patient or a state budget? Is these 7,50 euros the only profit for pharmacy? What price is the reimbursement in the case you wrote? I'm sorry, maybe I didn't understand what you meant

I have also another question – what about discounts, bonuses and other encouragements for a patient to make him buy more stuff or to buy some concrete subject (a medicine or some other thing which he can get in pharmacy)? Can you give discounts for prescription medicines (Rx)?

And the last question – is it legal to dispose/sale Rx medicines by internet? I've found some informations about it, but I still have no certainty.

I'm looking forward to your reply, Christin!
    Geändert von Annais (05.10.2011 um 20:11 Uhr)

Apothekerin seit 2013
    Sorry, your answer is a bit late. In a few hours I'm on my way to holiday - in a three weeks I will answer.